Shockwave therapy is an excellent non-invasive treatment method with very few negative side effects, for indications that are normally very difficult to treat. It helps promote blood flow, improves local metabolism, decreases pain and improves healing.
Radial pressure wave therapy is indicated for the following:
- Myofascial trigger points – localised tender or painful area
- Tendinopathies e.g. Plantar fasciitis, tennis/golfer’s elbow, Achilles
- Activation of muscle and connective tissue, e.g. increased circulation
- Helping improve chronic musculoskeletal conditions.
- Bone healing, assist tissue healing
- Overuse injuries – RSI
We cannot use Shockwave therapy if you are:-
- Have poor sensation areas
- Over/close to metal implants, pacemaker’s
- Have bleeding disorders
Radial shockwaves are introduced into the body by means of a freely moved applicator and cover the entire pain region. Radial shockwaves are often referred to as radial pressure waves, which is the correct definition in physical terms.